- Live Journal tells me that
today isyesterday was tardis_hoedown's birthday. I feel like I've let that fictiverse down. Have I truly outgrown the last of my make-believe friends? Is this a sign that I've grown old, at last?
- I find the online comic Wondermark to be very uneven, humourously speaking, but last Tuesday's strip (May 22) did make me smile.
- As have the last four days of the webcomic xkcd (the Math jokes whiz right over my head, but I rejoice in the romance and language humor). I had a bit of a romantic geekasm over this one, too.
- I realize that you are probably bored with my talking about Script Frenzy, by now... But the organizers are actually encouraging us to think our stuff through ahead of time (unlike just winging it for NaNoWriMo). So I have been thinking it through (so it's what I have to talk about). I'm a bit frustrated, though, because when I posted my outline so far in the "Plot Doctoring" and genre fora, asking for help with the climatic scene, all the advice I got back was on what I should do about my heroine's love interest (argh! Grrr!).
- It's all good though, because it's helping me define what, exactly, "A happy ending" means to me -- however the story ends, whether she:
- ends up honoring the pre-arranged marriage that she'd been resisting all along
- or whether she falls for and marries the sweet, but orphaned court jester,
- goes to live alone on the top of a distant mountain, communing with unicorns and dragons
- or goes back home and rules as queen in her own right
any one of those endings can be just as equally happy as any other one, as long as she comes to it through her own, adult, informed, choice.
- Is it time for me to switch around my default icon, yet? Or maybe make a new one?
- 1: B.A.D.D. Post: Overcoming Prejudice Through Changing the Narrative
- 2: Navigating around hurdles spurs creativity:
- 3: Confession: Sci-Fi Trope I Just Don't Get:
- 4: 5 things that are related just by being in my brain at the same time:
- 5: Okay, so that's just weird...
- 6: Okay! So I have officially thrown my proverbial hat into the "Blogging Against Disability Day" ring
- 7: An "Anthology Post": things I've, listened to, read, and watched, this past week that moved me
Expand Cut Tags
No cut tags